Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Madoka Magica Countdown to Rebellion, What Cound Torpedo It All


Warning, the following are the social and literary criticisms along with unsolicited literary edits and intersectional eco-feminist advocacy of an anime by a rich, straight, cisgendered, masculine, athletic, no-longer socially awkward, American, white, Christian young man. I am about the least qualified to say what I am going to say, but I feel like I have to say it all anyway. Instead of listening to me, you should first listen to and promote the people and groups linked below. They know far more about all of this than I ever will, and deserve to be honored with your readership. All I deserve to be honored with, really, is to be told if any of what I am about to say is actually white supremacist, misogynist, homophobic, anthropocentric and all the rest. Please debate me, besides love of anime and its fans that is the reason I am doing this. 

Oh, yeah, spoilers for a lot of series incoming...

Special hat tips to:
·         Sursum Ursa at Stuff You Like for the inspiration to do this (she has done it for the Avengers, Firefly, and a bit for Harry Potter).
·         http://demoisellecetra.tumblr.com/ for the good point about much of a fail it is for Madoka Magica not to have been overtly womanist.  

Infinite Source List
Websites
Tumblr






No comments:

Post a Comment